Profile
Friendster profile
born: Sept 1985
place: KK Hospital, Singapore
named: Jemima Wei Yu
means: dove (Jemima)
aka:
Jemini / jemjem / mini-jem / jems / jemjems / jemsy
facts //
nationality:
Singaporean
race: 1/4 English 3/4 Chinese
dialect:
Foochow (can't speak)
believes: in Jesus has her Lord & Savior
siblings: 1 older bro (by 2
yrs) & 1 younger bro (by 3 yrs)
distinctive features: Childhood scar on fulcrum & medically tongue-tied
education //
New
Life Kindergarten (Sembawang, Singapore)
Paya Lebar Methodist Primary Girls'
School (Hougang, Singapore)
Paya Lebar Methodist Secondary Girls' School
(Hougang, Singapore)
The Vyne School (Basingstoke, UK) 10 GCSEs in English, English Literature, Mathematics, double
Science, Geography, DT, Music, Art and Chinese
Queen Mary's
College (Basingstoke, UK)
AS
levels in Photography, Further Maths and Critical Thinking, and A levels in
Physics, Maths and Graphic Design
University of Plymouth School of Architecture
employment //
Simmons & Sons
Estate Agents (work experience)
New Look (Town Centre,
Basingstoke)
Sainsbury's Restaurant (Kempshott, Basingstoke)
Tchibo Great
Britain Ltd (Town Centre, Basingstoke)
Chik & Yeo Architects (Chinatown, Singapore)
freelance manacurist, earring designer and interior designer
favourite venues //
Orchard Road,
Singapore
Clark Quay, Singapore
Convent
Garden, London
Esplanade, Singapore
Holland V,
Singapore
jazz clubs
deserted locations
cosy restaurants and living rooms
stats //
height:
153cm or 5ft
hair: thick, very dark brown
eyes: brown
teeth: braced for 3yrs, missing one bottom
incisor
piercings: 3 on left ear, 2 on right
favourites
//
song: Destiny by Zero7
film: Amelie
car: anything that's old and works
fragrance: Leau Par Kenzo
game: Guesstures
nature //
sanguin-choleric, loves winning, burps with people she's comfortable with, slightly determined, softly opinionated,
endearing, illustrative sense of humour
From Drawing personality test (drawing.feedbucket.com): You tend to pursue many different activities simultaneously. When misfortune does happen, it doesn't actually dishearten you all that much.
You have a peaceful mind, viewing the world with calm and serenity. To you, life is not about struggle and strife but about existence and co-existence.
You like following the rules and being objective. You are precise and meticulous, and like to evaluate decisions before making them.
You have a sunny, cheerful disposition.
From handwriting personality test (handwriting.feedbucket.com): You plan ahead, and are interested in beauty, design, outward appearance, and symmetry.
You are a social person who likes to talk and meet others.
You are diplomatic, objective, and live in the present.
You are not very reserved, impatient, self-confident and fond of action.
You enjoy life in your own way and do not depend on the opinions of others.
collects //
unusual bags, expensive stationery, metal containers,
cheap watches, posh notebooks, japanese sweet packaging, Suzy's Zoo
stamps
into
//
making earrings, al fresco dining, bolsters, photography, ceiling fans, japanese ice-cream, graphic design, cooking, tasteful Hello
Kitty merchandise, cheap vintage, Topshop, interesting flat shoes, DIY
haircuts
likes //
peeling pricetags, driving, watching TV with one light, cuddling, when people know what to buy for her, pure white flowers, making speciality coffee,
dance, rain-style shower heads, goodnight kisses, comfy white duvets and pillows that wrap themselves around you,
singing, green, letters, spending time
with loved ones, the night, light breezes on a hot day
dislikes //
snakes, medicine, injections, scary/gory movies
favourite quotes //
"Mustn't love bah-kwah, must love Jesus!" - Jennifer Wei
apparel
//
pumps/flip-flops,
Topshop, Mango, cheap vintage
relishes //
fishballs, fried tofu, chinese veg, romaine lettuce, haigen
daez and Ben&Jerry's ice-cream, omelettes, good salads, warm toast with melted spread, all forms/types of chocolate, innocent smoothies, soft freshly baked cookies, brownies, boneless fish, king prawns, mee-pok, miso soup, asparagus,
jap candy, siew-mai, spring rolls, (almond) jelly, milo powder,
kaya
un-relishes //
raw food, wet egg yolk, chinese delicacies,
canned beans, clams etc
literature //
NKJ Bible, Design books, Christian Literature
audio //
jazz, bossanova, funk, India.Arie, soul, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Nat King Cole, Mr Scruff, Jack Johnson, Lifehouse, Corinne Bailey Rae,
Zero 7, Sinatra, Gospel
un-audio //
techno, heavy
metal
half-hour visuals //
Friends, CSI Vegas, Third Watch
taste //
Mark Wahlberg, Benjamin Bratt, Dante Basco
Maybe an updateI've realised what a bad blogger I am.
But I blame my personality.
Whenever I have something to share, the first thing I want to do is tell someone either face to face, on the phone or recording it illustratively...not type it
So I guess it's no use trying to be like other on-the-ball bloggers who post something virtually everyday.
I've got quite a bit on my plate at the moment but even this weekend, as much as I want to give an update on what's been going on, it's just too much of an effort to share.
But we can start somewhere.
I woke up this morning where I'd dozed off in front of a cheesy film in the living room.
(O how I wish there were more realistic films in the world)
It was my first visit to IHOP yesterday, just like in the film I Am Sam.
Again, I guess I should have taken more photos but thanks to my tired mood, I give up easy.
This is why I can't wait for my "vacation" to Hawaii in four weeks where I can think about nothing 'cept God and the beauty left in this world.
I suspect my first week will be used to recover from camp and take pictures.
Maybe I've given the impression that camp is bags and bags of fun...and it is fun
But most of the time, it's more challenging than fun.
Just this week, I managed to speak with my kids about fortune telling and why God made them unique.
Kids are kids but American kids encounter stuff I can only try to imagine.
Since I had such a blessed childhood, I've needed God to help me understand the feelings these 8/9 year olds have.
While I've been losing my voice more and more each week, I finally decided to reward myself with an ipod, the first one of my life.
Using my phone as my music player for the last two years, it is nearing the end of its life as the battery dies ever so quickly and the charger input is losing connectivity. (wow that rhymes!)
So I've had a journey with my new nano, trying to transfer my music onto it with all my cables at home in England.
Thank God for one person who actually had a memory card reader at camp! I'm now a happy bunny.
But, I decided to get a new phone (out of necessity) on eBay and now Paypal has opened an investigation into my recent transaction.
This was one week ago and still, nothing.
I've never had problems with Paypal before and this is seriously not 'on'.
I was expecting to have my phone here already, but it's still with the seller and my money flew out my account last Sunday, hmph!
At the same time, there's the new iphone...which I semi-wish I could have but
thanks to the geniuses at Apple, I can't get an iphone here and use it in Singapore, so I've gone for the Sony Ericsson P1i, which I'm hoping will do me proud having it on my wish list for about a year now.
By the way, Nokia and Sony Ericsson are the least popular brands over here which took me by surprise.
Anyways, as I've had my weekly dose of "I Survived A Japanese Gameshow" to remind me of the goodness of my Japan trip...I'm gonna move on with the day.
Photos later when I can be bothered to grab my camera, get the SD card out and wait for pictures to be uploaded here.
________________________________________________________________