Since: 22Nov08 jem is excited about quite a "happening" weekend ahead listening to Misread by Kings Of Convenience thinking about what other job she could possibly do craving anything jap reading nothing byno one watched some Jap film on the plane
the pipeline
21Mar: Fly to Osaka
08Apr: Osaka trip return
30May: Last day at BM
06Jun: Fly to America
07Jun: Orientation week begins
16Jun: Camp Sonshine Starts
21Jun: Trip to Baltimore
19Jul: Trip to Annapolis
09Aug: Camp Sonshine Ends
10Aug: Arrive Hawaii
25Aug: Angel flies to CA
03Sep: Leave Hawaii
04Sep: Arrive morning in Oakland
18Sep: Joyce Meyer Conference, CA
19Sep: Joyce Meyer Conference, CA
20Sep: Joyce Meyer Conference, CA
22Sep: Jem's 23rd
19Oct: Arrive NYC
23Oct: back from America
09Nov: Mum's b'day and Leave UK night
10Nov: Arrive Singapore evening
01Dec: Start work at BM Singapore
to do// // Learn Japanese // Reformat laptop // Drive
wish-list// // iPhone // new watch
Leave your mark!? Add your birthday to the calendar.
Copyright Jemima Wei
2003-2005 All rights reserved
http://justjem.blogspot.com
Designed and created by
Jemima Wei
All information contained herein remains the property of Jemima Wei.
No image is to be modified or reproduced in any form for commercial purposes
without proper authorisation from the owner of this site.
Disclaimer
The webmistress makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information on
the jemsEscape web site. However, she accept no liability for any
misunderstanding arising from it. If you have any queries about the
site or the information contained on it, please contact her directly so
she will be able to clarify matters. She accepts NO liability for any advice
given on this site or from any site that she links to.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Jems Day by day...
...an attempt at organizing a mind-full of thoughts
...a record of the adventure of life
...for capturing the natural highs in life
...for the people jem loves
...to remember how blessed I am
History
February 2003 marked the birth of this site, introduced by beloved msxi. Day by day is the biblical meaning of Jemimah, now the theme of this blog.
About her
Jemima is your typical singlish speaking practiced-roller-blading-at-void-deck girl. People in England say she's small. Has a simple, illustrative sense of humour. And when she's too tired, she'll laugh at anything. She studies Love and loathes saying things she doesn't mean or that don't come out right. Being a sanguin-choleric, she holds to the idea of a balanced meal as fresh salad and a chocolate desert. Loves finding beauty in the little things. Lives for of the One who died in her place, who paid her price, and changed her soul.
I dream of:
Singing about Jesus infront of thousands
Running a coffeehouse, selling everything I handmake.
using my design skills to bless peoples' lives.
"God's way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection." - Psalm 18:30
escape assistants // Adobe Photoshop CS2 // Windows Frontpage XP // notepad
Biog
A young lady born and bred in humid Singapore until she moved to the UK
with her family in August 2000. Has sojourned there ever since, and is still
trying to assimilate certain aspects of British logic.
She is currently reading Architecture at Plymouth University, living 4 minutes from Topshop. She is also 10 minutes walk from the sea, and enjoys one-on-ones.
In college, she completed a
beginners course in Japanese, an Assistant Fitness Instructors course and was a
familiar face in the college gym. But while still in
Singapore, she frequently visited Paya Lebar Methodist Primary and Secondary
School, as a tomboy in a white belt. At the same time, moving from
Ang Mo Kio, to Sembawang, to Lorong Ah Soo, to Yishun.
Her primary love is
design; from graphic design, to interior design, to photography, to furniture design. The list goes on. She's always wanted to be a check out girl, and has yet to fulfil her dream. She has a passion for making coffee drinks and cooking for people.
Brought up in a musical home, she plays the piano, guitar and drums.(in learning order)
She uses her skills to lead worship at church and CU meetings, performing at open-mic sessions on occasion.
Brief Testimony
"Growing up in a christian home has grounded me well in my doctrinal knowledge, and about Jesus & God.
My mother gave birth to me one sunday, leaving the church service midway. As a child, I always had a sense of something bigger than this world.
Everything I was taught in church made sense, and I witnessed countless occasions of the power of God on adults in spiritual bondage.
The more I learnt about nature, the more I knew the world was not formed by chance.
I had a very healthy childhood, with amazingly Godly parents. Throughout my education, they never pressured me like other Singaporean parents.
When we moved to England, I adapted and was fairly comfortable with saying I am a christian. I learnt things that Singapore could never teach.
Over 4 years, I gradually found out how to have my way and uphold my good-girl facade. I still went to church but usually found it boring.
Little did I realise that God had His hand on my life. I had a rebellious summer in Singapore 2004, not caring what anyone thought. I landed myself in Plymouth University, as a last resort to being denied entry to Nottingham.
6 marks was all it took to dissolve my hopes and I came to Plymouth not even liking the shopping facilities. I loved being on my own and continued using God whenever I wanted something.
I never felt the compulsion to smoke, or do drugs; I got no kick from alcohol. But I sought comfort in attention from boys and uncharacteristically made mistake after mistake.
Within 4 months, I got desperate. I was happy, but only sometimes. I had started listening to Joyce Meyer at the beginning of my time at university.
But one day, she explained how to actully give your life to God. It was something she said that struck me that morning. I prayed something short and something changed. I grew to love the Bible, started asking God what He wanted, and began making Him "Lord" of my life.
He was becoming my heavenly Father. Ever since, I've known indescribable joy, found that something missing from me, and learnt how to be content. This was only the beginning of a battle between my flesh and my spirit, but I'm never going back to where I used to be."
Genuinely following Jesus isn't easy, but so worth it.
facts // nationality:
Singaporean race: 1/4 English 3/4 Chinese dialect:
Foochow (can't speak) believes: in Jesus has her Lord & Savior siblings: 1 older bro (by 2
yrs) & 1 younger bro (by 3 yrs) distinctive features: Childhood scar on fulcrum & medically tongue-tied
education // New
Life Kindergarten (Sembawang, Singapore) Paya Lebar Methodist Primary Girls'
School (Hougang, Singapore) Paya Lebar Methodist Secondary Girls' School
(Hougang, Singapore) The Vyne School (Basingstoke, UK) 10 GCSEs in English, English Literature, Mathematics, double
Science, Geography, DT, Music, Art and Chinese Queen Mary's
College (Basingstoke, UK) AS
levels in Photography, Further Maths and Critical Thinking, and A levels in
Physics, Maths and Graphic Design
University of Plymouth School of Architecture
employment // Simmons & Sons
Estate Agents (work experience) New Look (Town Centre,
Basingstoke) Sainsbury's Restaurant (Kempshott, Basingstoke) Tchibo Great
Britain Ltd (Town Centre, Basingstoke) Chik & Yeo Architects (Chinatown, Singapore) freelance manacurist, earring designer and interior designer
favourite venues // Orchard Road,
Singapore Clark Quay, Singapore Convent
Garden, London Esplanade, Singapore Holland V,
Singapore jazz clubs deserted locations cosy restaurants and living rooms
stats // height:
153cm or 5ft hair: thick, very dark brown eyes: brown teeth: braced for 3yrs, missing one bottom
incisor piercings: 3 on left ear, 2 on right
favourites
//
song: Destiny by Zero7
film: Amelie
car: anything that's old and works
fragrance: Leau Par Kenzo
game: Guesstures
nature // sanguin-choleric, loves winning, burps with people she's comfortable with, slightly determined, softly opinionated,
endearing, illustrative sense of humour From Drawing personality test (drawing.feedbucket.com): You tend to pursue many different activities simultaneously. When misfortune does happen, it doesn't actually dishearten you all that much.
You have a peaceful mind, viewing the world with calm and serenity. To you, life is not about struggle and strife but about existence and co-existence.
You like following the rules and being objective. You are precise and meticulous, and like to evaluate decisions before making them.
You have a sunny, cheerful disposition. From handwriting personality test (handwriting.feedbucket.com): You plan ahead, and are interested in beauty, design, outward appearance, and symmetry.
You are a social person who likes to talk and meet others.
You are diplomatic, objective, and live in the present.
You are not very reserved, impatient, self-confident and fond of action.
You enjoy life in your own way and do not depend on the opinions of others.
collects // unusual bags, expensive stationery, metal containers,
cheap watches, posh notebooks, japanese sweet packaging, Suzy's Zoo
stamps
into
// making earrings, al fresco dining, bolsters, photography, ceiling fans, japanese ice-cream, graphic design, cooking, tasteful Hello
Kitty merchandise, cheap vintage, Topshop, interesting flat shoes, DIY
haircuts
likes // peeling pricetags, driving, watching TV with one light, cuddling, when people know what to buy for her, pure white flowers, making speciality coffee,
dance, rain-style shower heads, goodnight kisses, comfy white duvets and pillows that wrap themselves around you,
singing, green, letters, spending time
with loved ones, the night, light breezes on a hot day
dislikes // snakes, medicine, injections, scary/gory movies
favourite quotes // "Mustn't love bah-kwah, must love Jesus!" - Jennifer Wei
My primary love language is probably Quality Time with a secondary love language being Physical Touch.
Complete set of results
Quality Time:
10
Physical Touch:
7
Words of Affirmation:
7
Acts of Service:
4
Receiving Gifts:
2
Information
Unhappiness in relationships, according to Dr. Gary Chapman, is often due to the fact that we speak different love languages. Sometimes we don't understand our partner's requirements, or even our own. We all have a "love tank" that needs to be filled in order for us to express love to others, but there are different means by which our tank can be filled, and there are different ways that we can express love to others.
1. My ex is: in London on scholarship with the SAF.
2. Maybe I should: start my own cafe/gift shop one day.
3. I love: that 'love' can be such a strong word.
4. I don't understand: the power of thoughts.
5. I lose: focus of God's plan sometimes.
6. People say I'm: cute.
7. Love is: a choice.
8. Somewhere, someone is: yawning.
9. I will always: be jem.
10. Forever is: not a very tangible word.
11. I never want to: do anything without God.
12. I think the current US President: is someone i don't really know.
13. When I wake up in the morning: the think of the biggest thing on my mind, what the time is, and see if i can remember the great/weird dream i just had.
14. My past is: something i've learnt from.
15. I get annoyed when: someone taps on the back of my seat, oblivious.
16. Parties are for: getting pretty.
17. My dog is: free and unowned.
18. My cat is: free and also unowned.
19. Kisses are the best when: you use them to communicate.
20. Tomorrow: is a gift.
21. I really want: love like i've never been hurt.
22. I have low tolerance for people who: lie.
Simple, natural highs: Feb06
when chocolate reforms after melting in its packet.
when i refill the toilet roll holder and am the next person that needs it.
when i find a bottle of oil that doesn't drip down the sides.
when i find a song that matches my mood in one exact moment, and end up chucking it on repeat.
when the sun is just setting.
when i walk around a popular restaurant area at dinner time, and hear the cutlery chime...
The Three Interview: Aug 05
THREE NAMES YOU GO BY:
1. Jem
2. Jemi
3. Jemima
THREE SCREEN NAMES YOU HAVE HAD:
1. jemiwei
2. bubbles
3. minijem
THREE PHYSICAL THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF:
1. Seemingly hairless skin
2. Wrists
3. Hair that i don't really need to comb
THREE PARTS OF YOUR HERITAGE:
1. Leadership roles
2. God
3. Music
THREE OF YOUR EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS:
1. Music
2. Good food
3. Warmth
THREE THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW:
1. Roxy hoody
2. FBTs
3. Levis tee
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE BANDS OR MUSICAL ARTISTS ever:
1. Jack Johnson
2. Aretha Franklin
3. Lauryn Hill
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE SONGS:
1. Until You Come Back To Me by Aretha Franklin
2. Come Back Down by Lifehouse
3. Red Alert by Basement Jaxx
THREE THINGS YOU WANT IN A RELATIONSHIP:
1. Commitment
2. Laughter
3. Communication
THREE PHYSICAL THINGS ABOUT THE PREFERRED SEX THAT APPEAL TO YOU:
1. Smile
2. Voice
3. Eyes
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE HOBBIES:
1. Designing
2. Cooking
3. Singing
THREE PLACES YOU WANT TO GO ON VACATION:
1. Tokyo, Japan
2. New York
3. Carribean
THREE KID'S NAMES YOU LIKE:
1. Courtney
2. Names starting with J
3. Names that have a story behind them
THREE WAYS THAT YOU ARE STEREOTYPICALLY A GUY:
1. burping and farting
2. sitting with legs open
3. being extremely competitive
The Countdown Interview: Jul05
Ten Random Things About Me
1. I lost one baby incisor and it never came back.
2. I jumped into an adult swimming pool when i was 2 and my dad had to rescue me.
3. I used to have a habit of tip-toe-ing, instead of walking, when i was young.
4. I learnt to ride a bicycle years before my brothers.
5. I haven't been to a hairdresser since August 2000.
6. I used to be mistaken as another son of my parents.
7. I organised my first kiss when i was in kindergarten.
8. I can't do splits.
9. I once scored 19% in a chinese exam.
10. I fractured my finger once and expected a cast for my arm.
Nine Ways to Win My Heart (in no particular order)
1. Make me laugh.
2. Have a thing for curves.
3. Surprise me.
4. Have a passionate heart for God.
5. Be affectionate.
6. Have an especially good relationship with your mother.
7. Love genuine communication with me.
8. Honesty.
9. Have the same ideas/values/morals as me.
Eight Things I Want To Do Before I Die
1. Design & build houses for my parents/brothers.
2. Save someone's life.
3. Design & build my own house.
4. Buy a car customised for me.
5. Open my own coffeehouse.
6. Adopt a child.
7. Go to New York/Tokyo/Hawaii/Chicago in the summer.
8. Leave my mark.
Seven Things That Can Annoy Me
1. When people don't read texts/listen to what i've said and reply something useless.
2. When people talk like they know better than me.
3. When people don't appreciate/recognise effort.
4. When people waste anything.
5. When people say things and don't do them.
6. When people tell me off and they don't do it themselves.
7. When people don't clean up after themselves in the kitchen/toilet.
Six Things I Believe
1. in God and His influence on my life.
2. in disciplining children.
3. The use of chocolate.
4. Heaven/Hell after one life here on earth.
5. Fashion runs in cycle.
6. The power of words.
Five Things I'm Afraid Of
1. Heights with no safety.
2. Things in the sea that can hurt me.
3. Wiggly things like snakes and centipedes.
4. Losing bodily functions.
5. Being trapped and having no way out.
Four of My Favourite Items in My Room
1. my bed. (bolster especially)
2. my laptop.
3. my dim lighting.
4. my Bible.
Three Things I Do Everyday
1. Meet Him.
2. Listen to tunes.
3. Try and resist things I know i shouldn't eat.
Two Things I Want to Do Right Now
1. Have chocolate. (so i am)
2. Go To Singapore.
One Person I Want to See Right Now
1. Someone who wants to treat me special.
Monday, April 16, 2007| at 1:44 AM Singapore time
________________________________________________________________
Have you heard about Jesus Camp?
Pa showed me this documentary film when I was back home and it encouraged yet disappointed me. It was directed by 2 non-christians, which is why I don't think Jesus Camp was portrayed clearly. The main confusion was the issue of war.
To the secular world, war is understood as the bloody event most of us loathe. But for christians:
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:11-13
Our battle has nothing to do with the physical, which is why there is a miscommunication with any war-terms used in the documentary. Nonetheless, it's great that some amount of truth is going out. Brothers and sisters, be prepared.
________________________________________________________________